- Basic Information
- Personal Data Administrator
Bootysprout Limited is registered at the office at Bootysprout Limited, Business ID 677614, officially registered at 70 SIR JOHN ROGERSON'S QUAY, BLOCK C GRAND CANAL DOCKLANDS, DUBLIN 2, D02 VK60, REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, (hereafter referred to as "Bootysprout"). As a data administrator Bootysprout shall process your personal data.
II. Type of Date Processed
1.Personal Data Provided By You
We process personal data provided by you.
If you order goods from us, we need the information which is referred to as mandatory in the ordering process (in particular your first name and surname, and delivery address). If we did not have this information we would not be able to deliver the goods. For the purposes of sale of goods or services, we also need your e-mail address, to which we shall send the order confirmation which serves as a confirmation of entering into the purchase agreement, as well as a copy of Terms and Conditions and Complaints Policy.
You can also fill in optional information when ordering goods. Such information helps us fulfill the concluded purchase agreement more efficiently. For instance, if you fill in your telephone number, we can send you a notice of the goods delivery, etc. Providing optional information is voluntary.
After the goods are delivered, you may get an e-mail message with the request to evaluate the goods purchased.
If you contact our customer support, we shall also process your personal data stated in such communication.
2. Personal Data Processed Automatically
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information such the IP address, date and time of the visit to our website, information about your Internet browser, operation system or language settings. We may also process information about your conduct on our website, such as links opened or goods displayed. The details of your conduct on the web are anonymised for the maximum protection of your privacy and therefore we cannot match them with a particular person.
If you access our website from your mobile phone or a similar device, we can process information about your mobile device as well (mobile phone details, records of any application crash etc.).
We process cookies automatically.
What is a cookie file?
A cookie is a small text file created upon a visit to a website. It serves as a standard tool for the storage of information about visits to our website and how our website is used.
Thus we can distinguish (but not identify) individual users and customise the content to individual preferences. Cookies are important and web browsing would be far more difficult without them.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies serve several purposes. We use the following cookies on our e-shop website and in our mobile applications:
Technical cookies: We use technical cookies to ensure our e-shop works. The e-shop would not work without these cookies.
Analytical cookies: Analytical cookies help us improve our online store, which ultimately benefits you. Analytical cookies on our website are collected by the Google Inc. script, which subsequently anonymises the data. The data ceases to be personal data after anonymisation: anonymised cookies cannot be matched with a particular user or person. We only work with anonymised cookies. Even if we wanted to, we would be unable to find out the way in which any particular user behaved on our website (sites visited, goods displayed etc.).
We also use the findings obtained from these cookies for advertising purposes; we may also display an ad that we consider relevant to you on other websites. If you want to have control over what analytical cookies we process, you can use this add-on program from Google (can only be run on a computer).
How You Can Control Which Cookies We Will Process
You can use one of the common browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Chrome) with anonymous browsing switched on. This shall prevent storage of data concerning the sites visited. You can also block the storage of cookies in the browser. However, if you block the processing of technical and functional cookies, you will disable certain useful website functions.
You can easily control the processing of analytical cookies by us if you use this add-on program from Google (can only be run on a computer). However, switching off analytical cookies makes it difficult for us to improve our online store experience.
III. Mobile Version
If you access our website from a phone, tablet or similar device, you access the version optimised for such devices. Your personal data is processed similarly to the computer access.
- Why We Collect and Process Your Personal Data
Your personal data is processed for the following reasons:
- Purchase of goods: the primary purpose of processing your data is due dispatch and delivery of your order. If a problem occurs, we know who to contact from the data you provided.
- Customer care: if you address us with a question/issue, we have to process your personal data in order to answer/resolve it. The data may be transferred to third parties in certain cases (e.g. delivery company).
- Electronic marketing: e-mail commercial communication is sent to you upon your consent. You can easily unsubscribe from our newsletters
- Telemarketing: marketing calls are made in order to offer you goods and services and related marketing communication. The legal grounds for the processing of your telephone number is either with your consent or at least our legitimate interest in the conventional direct marketing. You are entitled to raise an objection to such processing by informing us at email@example.com or through our contact form.
- Improvement of services: we are able to offer relevant goods thanks to the history of your orders and conduct on the website (e.g. accessories to the product purchased). Therefore we display such products that are intended just for you and correspond to your needs and interests. In order to optimise web features, we can also use tools testing different variants (A/B testing), such as Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics etc.
- Customer reviews of goods and services: after you purchase products from us, your may be asked to evaluate them. You may also post a review on your own initiative.
- Assertion of rights and legal claims and inspection by public authorities: we can also process your personal data in order to assert our rights and legal claims (e.g. in the event that we have an overdue invoice in your name). We may also process your data for inspections by public authorities and other serious reasons.
V. Legal Grounds for Processing of Personal Data
1. Conclusion and Performance of Agreement
A large part of your personal data are needed by us in order to conclude the purchase agreement. After the agreement is concluded, we process your personal data in order to duly deliver the purchased goods. We have to process billing and delivery details in particular due to the above-mentioned legal grounds.
2. Legitimate Interest
We also use your personal data to provide you the relevant content, which may be of interest to you. On the grounds of legitimate interest, we process particular personal data, which is processed automatically, and cookies.
We may also send you e-mails and text messages on the same legal grounds.
In case we process your personal data on these legal grounds, you are entitled to raise an objection to such processing by informing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our contact form.
For the purposes of e-mail marketing and telemarketing, we process your personal data upon your consent. If you do not grant your consent and you are our customer, we can send you commercial newsletter (or give you telemarketing calls) even without your consent. In any case, you are entitled to reject such marketing communication simply by by informing us at email@example.com or through our contact form.
If you grant your consent to the personal data processing, you are entitled to withdraw it at any time by informing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our contact form.
- Transfer of Personal Data to Third Parties
Your personal data is transferred to third parties in the following cases:
- Delivery of goods: the carrier would not be able to deliver the goods ordered unless we transfer the information on where and to whom the goods should be delivered. This data is transferred to the carrier as entered in the order. Such data includes in particular your first name and surname, delivery address, telephone number where the carrier may contact you. The carrier is only entitled to process the personal data we transfer for the purposes of delivery; the carrier must delete the personal data promptly afterwards.
- Payment Cards: Our company does not possess the details of payment cards used by you. The details of your payment cards are only available to the secure payment gateway and the relevant bank.
VII. What Is the Period for Processing Your Personal Data?
We shall process your personal data for the entire duration of the contractual relationship between you and us.
In case your personal data processing is based on consent, your personal data shall be, in general, processed for 7 years or until such consent is withdrawn.
In case you subscribe to commercial communication, your personal data shall be processed for 7 years or until you express your disapproval of such communication. You can easily express your disapproval by informing us at email@example.com or through our contact form.
Please note that the personal data necessary for the due rendering of services or for the fulfillment of all our duties, ensuing either from the contract between us or from generally binding legal regulations have to be processed regardless of whether you granted your consent for the period set out in the relevant legal regulations and in compliance therewith (e.g. tax documents must be processed for at least 10 years).
VIII. Personal Data Security
Your personal data is safe with us. We have adopted adequate technical and organisational measures in order to prevent unauthorised access and misuse of your personal data.
At Bootysprout we are concerned about the protection of your personal data. Therefore we regularly check and improve our security. All communication between your device and our web servers is encrypted.
We try to use such safety measures that provide sufficient security based on state-of-the-art technology. The safety measures adopted are regularly updated.
IX. Personal Data of Children Younger Than 16 Years of Age
Our on-line store is not intended for children under 16. A person under 16 is allowed to use our on-line store only upon consent of his or her parent or guardian.
X. What Are Your Rights Related to Personal Data Protection?
In relation to your personal data, you have in particular the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, the right to correct or supplement your personal data, the right to request restriction of processing, the right to raise an objection to or a complaint of the processing of your personal data, the right to access your personal data, the right to request the transfer of your personal data, the right to be informed of a breach of security of your personal data and, under certain conditions, the right to the deletion of certain personal data we process about you ("the right to be forgotten").
In case you believe that your personal data has been processed incorrectly, you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
It is not possible to change data in an already issued invoice. The invoice details can only be changed if you have not yet received and paid for the goods.
You can ask us to send you an overview of your personal data by sending an email to email@example.com or through our contact form.
You also have the right to know the following information concerning your personal data:
- What are the purposes of processing your personal information
- What are the categories of the affected personal data
- Who is the recipient of your personal data, besides you
- What is the planned period of storage of your personal data
- Whether you have the right to claim the correction or deletion, restriction of personal data processing or to raise an objection to such processing
- Information on the source of the personal data in case we did not obtain them from you.
You may also claim the deletion of your personal data (this shall not apply to data in documents that are subject to the obligation of archiving under the law (e.g. invoices or credit notes). In case we need your personal data to determine, execute or defend our legal claims, your request may be rejected (e.g. if we have an overdue invoice in your name or if the complaint procedure is in progress).
Please note that the essential details of your payment card are not stored by our company; they are stored at the payment gateway. Therefore, we are not able to delete such data;
You are entitled to the deletion of data in the following cases:
- The personal data is not needed for the purposes for which it was being processed
- You have withdrawn your consent under which the data was processed and there is no further legal grounds for being processed
- You have objected to the processing of personal data and you believe that after assessing your objection, it will become clear that your interest in the particular situation prevails over ours
- The personal data has been processed unlawfully
- The deletion obligation is stipulated by a special legal regulation
- The personal data concerns a person under 16
How to exercise your right to deletion? email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through our contact form.
4. Raising an Objection
Certain personal data is processed on the grounds of our legitimate interest (see section “Legal grounds for processing of personal data”). In case you have concrete reasons, you are entitled to raise an objection to the processing of this personal data. The objection can be raised through email@example.com or through our contact form.
5. Restriction of Processing
In case (a) you deny the accuracy of your personal data, (b) your personal data is processed unlawfully, (c) we do not need your personal data for processing purposes, but it is needed to determine, execute or defend your legal claims, or (d) you raised an objection under the preceding paragraph, you shall be entitled to us restricting the processing of your personal data.
In such cases, we may process your personal data only upon your consent (except for the storage or backup of the personal data concerned).
6. Lodging a Complaint
If you believe that your personal data has been processed unlawfully we will appreciate if you address us first and we can try to resolve your concerns. You can always easily contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or through our contact form.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.